Joints connect our bones together to provide maximum support to our body weight and movements. A diseased joint makes it unable for us to be mobile and do even our daily chores like normal. The breakage, wear or tear of cartilage which is the cushion pad between the bones make it very difficult for bones to move. In general, after a specific time period, the gel-like fluid gets decreased and the cartilage also starts to wear. Surgivisor advises you to either contact best doctors for joint replacement in Delhi and India to get in touch with reputed orthopaedic hospitals. Any type of damage to the joints can interfere with your movement and cause a lot of pain.
Diseases like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, bursitis, gout, strains, sprains, and other accidental injuries can lead to severe joint pains. This type of joint pain is extremely common among aged people and women. Do you know that even one-third of the population have severe joint issues which may or may not be noted? Knee pain is the most common pain among them because while sitting, climb, walking, jumping and etc., we use this joint most usually. Knee pain tops the list where shoulder and hip pain are following it. It is highly advised to men to do regular bone checkups after the age of 50 and for women the age is little earlier, 30. With every increasing age and type of work you do and some kind of genetic problems, painful joints become increasingly more common.
The intensity of pain can be mild as well as debilitate too. The same can be chronic and acute and may occur in specific or unspecific intervals. Even short-term pain and swelling in the joints can affect your quality of life. Whatever is the issue behind the pain, you need to pull out through the roots and manage it with medication, physical therapy, or alternative treatments.
The treatment options are:
- Anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) – aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), or naproxen sodium (Aleve), can provide relief.
- A newer generation of NSAIDs is also good for pain relief.
- For milder pain without swelling, you can take acetaminophen.
- For severe pains, a doctor prescribed stronger opioid medication will be good.
- Muscle relaxants
- Antidepressants and antiepileptic drugs
- Capsaicin may relieve joint pain or conditions like arthritis. So, you can buy capsaicin cream to subtle down the inflammation.
- Another arthritis cream containing the ingredient, methyl salicylate.
- A stronger one than oral or topical medications – steroid injection with local anaesthesia. These are effective in patients with arthritis, joint disease, or tendinitis.
- You can work with a physical therapist to strengthen the joint muscles.
- Ultrasound technique, heat or cold therapy, electrical nerve stimulation, and manipulation are some methods to control osteoarthritis.
- Lose weight if you have extra plump or flesh to put off the pressure from the joints naturally.
- Swimming and bicycling are among the best exercises.
- Protect the joint with a brace or wrap.
- Ice the joint for about 15 minutes, whenever the pain arises or minimum twice a day.
- Compress the joint using an elastic wrap.
Opt for best hospitals for joint replacement in Delhi and India and get the most favourable results.