Knee problems or joint’s issues are the most common musculoskeletal complaints that bring people to their doctors, surgeons and physiotherapists. With today’s increasingly active society, the number of knee problems is increasing due to the schedule they have arranged around themselves. Due to its increasing rate, the rate of knee pain has also increased. The best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in Delhi and India has shown a tremendous jump in the number of patients suffering from severe bone problems.
It is always better to take precautions to keep various joint related diseases at bay. And to attain this, one need to focus not only on their diet but daily routine as well. Here, surgivisor.com has presented a complete list of effective ways to avoid knee replacement surgery.
Scroll down to get the best advice:
- Avoid sitting in indoors and explore in outdoor activities such as trekking, swimming and a lot. Besides the soothing, relaxing benefits of breathing fresh air and observing nature, the great outdoors provides many opportunities for burning extra calories while having fun and due to this you can have an extra advantage of reducing pressure on your knees. Gardening is just another example of a more creative work to feel connected with nature.
- Join aerobic classes, yoga institutions or gain strength from jogging training. Even simple swimming or any kind of water activities can do wonders to your body.
- Choose your favourite spots and walk them at least once a week. Hiking burns calories strengthen muscles and build denser bones while providing interesting scenery and a chance to get in touch with Mother Nature.
- Don’t hit the door of the gym and start with heavy weight. Instead of this, you can start with warm up exercises to first prepare your body for the heat up. To keep it running smoothly and for optimal joint safety, start slowly and get up to speed only after your muscles and joints have at least five minutes prep time.
- Even the best knee replacement surgeons also opt to go for a right shoe size with perfect qualities such as soft shoe cushion bed, gripping skid soles and etc. Your shoes shouldn’t just look good, they should work well, too. Look for flexible, supportive shoes that are squared or rounded at the toe so your toes can move around. A shoe with a rubber sole will give you more cushion. Make sure your shoe is flexible at the ball of your foot, where you push off.
- Stretching includes best exercises to keep your body fit, flexible and healthy. It is a combo pack which doesn’t require any kind of extra equipment. Take breaks throughout the day, including at your office, to get re-energized and help keep your muscles and ligaments flexible and strong.
- Strength training and a complete diet with shorter meals boost your metabolism rate. Do you know that lifting weights creates denser bones and builds stronger muscles that help stabilise and protect joints?
- Don’t stomp your feet because this can exert extra pressure on your knees. Research shows pounding exercises like kickboxing, step aerobics and more can be tough on joints and can sometimes cause fatal damage(s). You can easily switch to low-impact activities like biking and swimming that offer the perfect calorie-burning benefits.